Monday, March 22, 2010

Mom I Need You

Those words either melt your heart or break your heart.  And tonight they broke my heart.  The boys have been spreading a wonderful sickness amongst eachother and today was Zach's turn to receive the gift.  He made it about an hour into school this morning before we got the call that he was sick.  And boy was he.   This kid is never still, never quiet and always hungry.  The only times he has moved today is to get to the bathroom.  Poor buddy is super sick. 
And that is why I heard "Mom, I neeeeeed you," being called out from the bathroom.  As sad as I am for him that he feels so miserable I love the fact that my 9 year old tough guy needs me, because on most days there isn't a whole lot that he needs from me.  It is nice to know that when time gets tough even bigger boys need their moms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment