Monday, March 29, 2010

My other love

For those of you that know me IRL you know I have an obsession.  I love my family, my boys are my heart, but there is something else that gets my heart a twitter.  You know that feeling in the pit of your stomach, the excitement, the anxiousness the anticipation......

of a new episode of your favorite TV show.  Well in my world there are a lot of "shows".  I went through a serious reality TV phase (ok it may be arguable that I am still going through this "phase" but who doesn't love the Jersey Shore, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, the Real Housewives and all of the other ridiculousness!!!)  But this brings me to the reason for my post tonight.

Dancing with the Stars

I have issues.  Big issues with tonights episode.  1st off lets discuss Nicole Schersblahblah (I can't remotely figure out how to say or type her last name).  She has so obviously had dance training it is ridiculous.  I mean who in God's name gets 10's on the 2nd dance of the season.  It is ridiculous.  (Yes I know that this blog post is slightly ridiculous as well.)  But really she has no business being on a show for people that have never danced.  She just looks like an ass trying to pull off the "I really can't dance, it is so different that my other choreography".  It is insulting and annoying.    So DWTS please stop thinking we are stupid, we aren't and we know she can dance so lets just judge her differently and make her really work for it.  Her and Evan, don't think I have forgotten about our Olympic gold medalist.  I mean really, isn't ice skating dancing on ice, or is that ice dancing?  Well either way he shouldn't be on the show either.  Make it fun to watch like Pamela does.  Let us hide our eyes in embarassment for the likes of Buzz Aldrin.  Don't get me wrong I love an American hero as much as the next guy but the whole point of the show, or so I thought, was to watch people learn to dance, not show us how good they already are.  We like seeing people step on their partners toes, even God willing fall down.  Give us what we want Dancing and bring us the clumsy and uncoordinated, because it is what we want.

Oh thank heavens for Kate Gosselin!  She is why I watch to see that kind of dance and then in 9 weeks see her get better.  That was the worst dance I have ever seen and I loved every stinkin' second of it!  It was so painful to watch that I did have to look away and hope that it was over, but thankfully it just kept going. :  )

No comments:

Post a Comment